Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are two of the newest automotive technologies on the market today. Best of all, setup is quick and easy. Currently, this technology is only available on specific Honda makes and models, including by not limited to select trims on the 2017 Honda CR-V Touring, 2017 Honda Civic, 2017 Honda Accord and more.
If you’re reading this then you probably have a brand new vehicle and are trying to figure out all the technologies quickly. Have no fear. Our quick, no-nonsense guide is here to help.
How to set up Apple CarPlay in your Honda
- Have the vehicle running and parked
- Start by turning on Siri through Settings > General > Siri
- Connect your phone to the Apple CarPlay port with the USB cable
- Press and hold the “Home” button on the steering wheel or press and hold the “Voice Control” button on the steering wheel and ask Siri what is needed for installation
- Follow the steps
- Once installation is complete you can activate Apple CarPlay by touching the icon on your Honda’s touchscreen
How to set up Android Auto in your Honda
- Download the Android Auto app to your phone
- Accept the Terms and Conditions agreement on your phone to download the app (if your phone asks you to update apps, such as Google Maps, it’s important to do so now)
- Once app is downloaded, turn on notifications and Bluetooth
- After the app is downloaded you can activate it by touching the icon on your Honda’s touchscreen
And there you have it! Setting up Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on your Honda is quick and easy. Have questions? Our team of experts are here to help. We invite you to contact us today! We’ll walk you through the process to get it set up.