What Honda vehicles have Apple CarPlay?
There is something special about having all of the newest high-tech features right at your fingertips. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are just two of the many new technologies you can find on select 2016 and 2017 Honda vehicles. With that said, we wanted to comprise a list of all the Honda vehicles that are available with these innovative technologies. Explore our full list here.
Does the 2016 Honda CR-V have Apple CarPlay?
This is one of the most common questions we receive. Unfortunately, the 2016 Honda CR-V is not available with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, but the 2017 will be. Here are the other Honda vehicles that are available with both of these features:
- 2016 Honda Civic coupe and sedan EX, LX-P and EX-T
- 2016 Honda Accord coupe and sedan EX, EX-L, EX-L V6
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T, RTL-E and Black Edition
- 2017 Honda Pilot (trim levels are yet to be announced)
- 2017 Honda CR-V (trim levels are yet to be announced)
- 2017 Honda Civic hatchback EX, EX-T, EX-L, Sport Touring and Touring
- 2017 Honda Civic coupe and sedan EX, LX-P and EX-T
- 2017 Honda Accord coupe and sedan EX, EX-L, EX-L V6
- 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L and Touring
What is Apple CarPlay and how does it work?
Maybe the most significant benefit of having Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is the ability to use all the music and capability of your smartphone through your vehicle. Truly, these technologies act as a larger “smartphone” screen in your Honda. Simply sync your smartphone or other electronic device and you can access all the apps, music and phone contacts right on your Honda’s touchscreen. Best of all, once your smartphone is synced to Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, you don’t have to touch your phone again.
What do you think of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto? Is it a must-have in your next Honda? Sound off in the comments below! From all of us at Ed Napleton Honda St. Peters, thank you for reading and we hope to see you soon.